


Saturday, April 18, 2009
MY CAMP EXPERIENCE!!!
On the night before the camp, I packed my bag for tomorrow's camp. It took about two hours to pack it. Although I was excited and thrilled about the camp, I felt with a heavy heart feeling too as this was my first time to be away from my parents.
On the day of the camp, after assembly, all the primary 5 pupils were told to get into our groups and we were introduced to our instructors. I was lucky to be grouped with my friends, Nicole and Zhao Jun. Our instructor's name was Junice.
When we reached the camp site, the camp looked very creepy and spooky. We had our lunch at the camp site which after that we went to Sentosa to conduct an amazing race. It was about scandventure hunt of places. The rules of the race were that we were allowed to take two trips of buses and one ride of tram. The instructor would tell us the clues about the places and we would need to guess where the places were. We had a lot of fun during the race although we faced some argument that each of us was directing the ways to the destination. However at last we managed to work as a team and followed our leader for instruction.
On the second day of the camp, it was the day we did our high aliments and our camp fire dance. For the high aliments , there were a few stations. The stations were flying fox , abseiling , rock climbing and CRC. Among these four, I did the CRC. I had to walk on a string and there was a rope to secure me. When I did the CRC, whenever I looked down, I had a feeling that I was going to fall. I tried my best not to look down and to balance myself. For the camp fire dance , we were supposed to dance in front of a camp fire in a group. At first , we had difficulty choosing what song to dance with. Some were sugggesting the song which they liked. Finally, after a long time of discussion and compromising, we finally chose the song named "Love story". We practiced hard for the dance. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the activities during the camp fire night.
On the last day of the camp , we were told to pack up our belongings. After packing our things , we were ready to set off back to school.
During the camp , I had learnt how to communicate better with my friends, built a good team work is important in accomplishing any tasks that we were assigned and through the camping that I had learnt to be more independent and care for my friends and family.