Sunday, July 26, 2009

Singapore's Pledge

To me, the pledge is a statement that bounds all Singaporean. It is a statement which contains the hope of our ancestors and this hope is being passed down to us, for the sole purpose of fulfilling it.
The pledge reminds us of the inevitable truth of what Singapore faces: a multi-racial and religion country where everyone is different from each other. It is therefore important for everyone to understand the importance of tolerance for others Singapore being a small country has only its people as a resource. It is therefore important and vital for there to be compromise to achieve democracy and stability. Only with these achievements can Singapore hope to attract others and ensure economic growth.
Hence, to me, the pledge is more of a reminder to all about the importance of acceptance and understanding of others so as to attain a common goal for the good of others. This reminder is especially important for us, the students, for we are the leaders of Singapore, the leaders of the future.It also mean that we have to respect people of other nation , religions and culture.


Whenever I recite the pledge , I fell proud that I am a Singaporean as we this little red dot has proven that we can overcome any problems.We had faced our greatest problem the lack of water with courage and we now can show to the rest of the world the Singapore made NE Water.We will not be overcome by any problem or threats as long as we stand together as a nation,united as one.

While I recite the pledge , I feel that I am a loyal person . My promise towards Singapore is I will achieve something and make my family and my country proud of me. I will also grow up to be a successful person and work for Singapore , my homeland.




posted by xuan yun tiger @ 5:36 AM